Short-term Internship Programme
IBMBB is willing to offer short-term internship opportunities for students who wish to work in an active environment comprise of Molecular Life Science, Immunology, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics facilities and obtain hands-on experience in a wide range of scientific techniques, whilst doing some short term research under the supervision of experienced scientists.
- Internship under Molecular Biology
- Internship under Immunology
- Internship under Bioinformatics
By choosing to do an internship at IBMBB, participants will avail themselves of an opportunity to work at a scientific environment which is affiliated to the University of Colombo. They will be able to work alongside scientists who are amongst the most experienced personnel in the above mentioned fields and at an environment that is fast paced and exciting. Being a postgraduate research institute, IBMBB is always keen to branch out into new areas. Hence, it can provide the candidates with an opportunity to learn from practicing scientists and be mentored by experienced teachers, whilst doing their short-term internship with well-equipped facilities.
Those who are interested in
- Pursuing future studies and careers in Biomedical Science
- Refreshing their knowledge in Biochemistry, Molecular Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Immunology and Bioinformatics
- Applications of immunodiagnostics
Those who have completed GCE (A/L) in Science stream or in the 2nd year of GCE (A/L)or equivalent.
Candidates should have “C” pass for English in GCE (O/L) or equivalent.
Fees for Internship
- Rs 60,000/= per month for the Molecular Biology programme
(can accommodate 1-3 interns at one time )
- Rs 60,000/= per month for the Immunology programme
(can accommodate 6 interns at one time )
- Rs 40,000/= per month for the Bioinformatics programme
(minimum number of participants should be 6)